Reset a user's password
- When a user requests a new password, you'll receive a password reset request in email. To reset the password, open the app launcher and select Admin.
- In the Microsoft 365 admin center, select Users > Active users, and then select the key icon next to the user who requested the reset.
- Select Auto-generate password to have a random password automatically created.
- Select Reset.
- Select the Send password in emailcheck box.
- You'll see your email address in the Email the new password to the following recipients box. Add the user's alternate email address or any address you choose.
- Choose Send email and close.
The user will receive an email with the password reset instructions.