Deleting a User
- From the admin center, select Users, and choose Active users.
- Select the user you want to remove, and then select Delete user.
- Check the box to remove their license, and check the box to remove their email aliases. If the user had delegate mailbox permissions, you can remove those here.
- Check the box to give another user access to the former employee’s OneDrive, and search for that user.
- Select their name. This user will now have 30 days to move the files to a new location.
- Check the box to give another user access to the former employee’s email, and choose Select a user and set email options.
- Choose the user, and then select Next.
- If you want, you can create a new display name that indicates the mailbox belonged to a former employee, and then select Next.
- Turn on automatic replies, and change the reply text if you want.
- Choose who to send automatic replies to, people inside or outside your company and whether the same reply goes to the people outside your company, and then select Next.
- To remove associated email aliases, select X next to their aliases.
- Review the shared mailbox information, and select Finish.
- Confirm your options are set correctly, and choose Assign and convert.
- Review your results, and select Close.
After you remove a user, you have up to 30 days to restore their account.